As you know, I write all of the content on this blog.
In 2012, I tried an experiment called the MH4C Writers Challenge. I invited my readers to submit articles related of finances. I took my 10 favorite articles and let you vote for your favorites. I thought it was a lot of fun because I was able to give out $435 worth of prizes, expose you to some great writing, and I was able to take a month off writing.
To be honest, sometimes I just feel the need to take break from the demands of coming up with new articles each and every week. Since there will be a lot going on this summer, I decided that I’ll step back and let you guys do some writing.
Announcing the 2013 MH4C Writers Challenge
Feature your article on this web site and get paid for doing it.
Write an article, submit it, and you’ll get paid – as long as your article is one of the top 10 article submissions I receive.
Articles must be submitted by June 1st, 2013. You’ll be notified by June 7th if I’ll be including your article in the challenge. (It must be one of my top ten favorite articles.) If I don’t include your article, you are welcome to submit it to another website as a guest post.
I’ll be publishing articles on the following dates: June 18, 20, 25, 27; July 2, 3, 9, 11, 16, 18.
(During those dates, I’ll be enjoying time with my family in Canada as well as taking a 13 year anniversary trip with my wife to Bali, Indonesia.)
Benefits of Participating:
- You have an opportunity to promote your writing to an audience of over 4,700 readers. (The reader count posted on this blog doesn’t include over 500 readers from a different mailing list.)
- You have an opportunity to get links and traffic back to a different blog or website.
- You have the opportunity to get paid.
Here’s the Criteria:
- You must be the original author, and all content must be 100% unique (i.e. not already posted somewhere on the internet).
- The article should be between 500 – 800 words.
- The article must be a topic related to personal finance. It can be any personal finance topic.
- You are welcome to link to your own material and your own blog if you have one (not required). You can have a link in the intro byline to your blog and to a twitter account. In the article, you can have two links back to relevant articles on your website.
- Remember, this is a Christian blog so any material that doesn’t jive with Christian standards will not be included.
- Be personal. Don’t sound like a robot. I’m not looking for Harvard Business Review type articles. I’m looking for articles where you can use your voice and your experience to help others improve their finances.
- Be practical. Teach us something you did to reduce debt. Tell us how you’re teaching your kids about money. Teach us something that really changed how you manage your finances. Help us to learn a biblical truth that impacts your finances.
Note: I won’t be doing any editing. This means if you don’t meet the criteria, I won’t be able to include your post. To see the top 10 articles from last year, you can check out this post.
Please include the following at the top of your article:
- If you don’t have a blog, write: The following entry is by _________ (include your name). You can include a two sentence bio. (You don’t have to.)
- If you do have a blog, write: The following entry is by _________ (include your name). You can include a two sentence bio. (You don’t have to.) Visit _______ (your name)’s blog (hyperlink the word blog to your blog, or you can also follow her/him on Twitter (hyperlink Twitter to your twitter page).
To submit an article, send it to mhforc at gmail dot com. In the subject line, please write “Article Submission”.
I’ll judge the popularity of each article based on the highest number of Facebook Likes + Twitter Retweets + Google Plus counts. Those stats are displayed at the top of every post.
Yes, you are more than welcome to shamelessly promote your article to your friends and ask them to Like it and Retweet it! I know that in the end this turns into a marketing contest more than a writing contest, but it’s fun to see what folks do to get likes and tweets for their posts.
- Articles 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 will each get $40.00.
- Articles 3 and 4 will get $50.00.
- Article 2 will get $60.
- The most popular article will get $100.
Winning articles will be announced on the blog on July 25th, and all payments will be sent via Amazon Payments by August 1st.
If you have any questions, or if I’m overlooking anything, please ask in the comment section below.
Get free updates