Welcome to Money Saving Monday where we remind ourselves that community is the greatest money saving resource we have.
Each month, you’ll have a chance to win one of two $15 Amazon gift cards. Simply leave your tips and suggestions, and if it is a top pick of the month, you’ll get a $15.00 gift card.
By the way, with just a handful of comments each day, you’ve got a great opportunity to win this prize.
8 Ways to Reduce Your Shipping Costs
With Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas all fast approaching, we have to be careful with our spending. Many of us will search for hours to find the best deal on travel, lodging, and gifts, but we will neglect shipping. Well, here are a few tips to help us save big on shipping – not just for Christmas, but all year long:
- Free Shipping Supplies from USPS – This is something that I found out about while selling items on eBay. Anyone who is a registered eBay user can order free boxes from the USPS. I’m not sure if the post office does this for every customer, since I always get them through eBay.
- Amazon.com – Amazon offers free shipping on all orders of $25 when you buy directly from them. Also, if you have an Amazon Prime account, you get 2-day shipping free on all Amazon orders!
- Use Shredded Paper – Use shredded paper instead of buying packing peanuts and other shipping peripherals.
- Combine Shipping – If you know that several family members are buying a gift for your nephew who is out of state, then ship all the gifts in one box and split the cost!
- Buy Online – Besides Amazon, there are plenty of online retailers that offer free shipping. Just check out freeshipping.org before you shop.
- Free Shipping Day – According to freeshippingday.com, “On Friday, December 17, an estimated 1,000+ participating merchants will offer free shipping with delivery by Christmas Eve.”
- Auction off Your Shipping Needs – uShip is a service that will allow you to place your shipping needs into an auction and allows shippers to bid on it. They even have feedback ratings so you can see how others have made out with each shipper!
- Time – Don’t wait until the last minute to ship your item! That’s when you get desperate and end up paying $30 to overnight a gift across the country. Instead, give yourself enough time to choose the cheapest shipping option available.
Bonus Tip – Many online stores will allow you to have a gift shipped directly to its recipient from their warehouse at no additional charge. Just give them their name and address, and you’re done! Some will even wrap the gift and include a message from you.
What are your tips for saving money on shipping costs?
Remember, if you leave a comment you have a chance to win one of two $15 Amazon gift cards.
Get free updates